Stephen Anderson BSc (Hons) MRICS
Head of Landlord & Tenant
MRICS – Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
BSc (Hons) Land Administration
RICS Registered Valuer
RICS APC Assessor
- Commercial Valuations
- Property Consultancy
- LandLord and tenant advice
- Rent Review & Lease Renewal
Overview & Summary:
Stephen Anderson has 32 years’ experience in the surveying profession with a focus on Rent Reviews and Lease Renewal. Elected a Member the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in 1990
His early training was a broad general practice education looking at all aspects of property, landlord and tenant, agency, asset & property management and valuation work.
His professional experience has spanned commercial property, secondary to prime and with a particular emphasis on landlord and tenant issues.
Actively involved in the valuation of commercial property advising Vendors and Purchasers. He has given evidence as an expert witness in arbitration hearings.
He founded, setup and ran Stephen Anderson & Co and Anderson Management Co Ltd in 1992 before merging his companies with Huggins Edwards & Sharp in 2006.
During the 32 years of his business life he has practised as a surveyor advising on many aspects of commercial property, investment, facilities and assets management. This includes valuation, survey, sale, letting, purchase, management, repair, advice on Landlord & Tenant and Dilapidation.
In 2011, he set up with property company CNC PFM Ltd a separate firm of chartered surveyors, Clarke Nickolls & Coombs dealing with commercial property.
He has extensive valuation experience of Commercial properties located throughout England, South Wales and Scotland. In 2012, as a consultant and registered Valuer for Hutchings & Thomas, he carried out Red Book valuations on behalf of banks, property companies, individuals & private clients.
He has acted as an RICS APC Counsellor and Supervisor for over the last 4 years and is an RICS APC assessor. He enjoys CPD program and teaching graduates and more experienced surveyors in different aspects of the profession.
A father of two, he enjoys golf, cricket, football, rugby union and travel.
He is also a member of both Hampton Palace Golf Club and Surrey County Cricket Club.
Also been a member of RAC since February 1995
Member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors since 1990
RICS Registered Valuer since 2012
BSc (Hons) Land Administration at North-East London Polytechnic (Now known as East London University)
May 2017 To Present
September 2011 To April 2017
May 2006 To August 2011
July 1992 to April 2006
Head of Landlord & Tenant
Anderson Wilde & Harris Chartered Surveyors London
Clarke Nickolls Coombs
London and Ashford, Middlesex
Consultant Registered Valuer
Hutchings & Thomas
London and Newport, Wales
Huggins Edward& Sharp
Epsom and Walton on Thames
Sole Proprietor & Director
Stephen Anderson & Co: Anderson Management Co. Ltd and AMP Ltd London
Senior Retail Surveyor
Michael Testler & Co Ltd
Healey & Baker
Key recent Instructions/experience
- Rent Review advice for Landlord relating offices circa 18,000 sq.ft. at Harley Street and acting as Expert Witness at Oral Arbitration Hearing.
- Investment sales and asset Management advice on BFS Managed Properties Holding Limited Portfolio value of £80 Million.
- Advising Daily Mail & General Holdings Ltd on Property & Facilities management of 60,000 sq. ft. offices in Charlotte Street, London W1 and 25,000 sq.ft Offices in Redhill.
- Property Consultancy for charity Demelza Hospice Care for Children including leasehold acquisitions such as 22,000 sq.ft. former P.O. Depot at Sandling Road, Maidstone. Also Landlord & Tenant work on their property portfolio.
- Advised on substantial Rent Reviews relating to restaurant and specialist shop at Thurloe place, Knightsbridge
- Carried out a Red Book valuation on behalf of owner of Plantation Wharf Pier & Oyster Pier, Battersea London
- Retail Feasibility Report on behalf of owners of part of their Wrexham Town Shopping Centre and the original Cumbernauld shopping Centre.
- Currently on behalf of Landlord dealing with Rent Reviews on Tesco at Kilburn, Co-Op at Borehamwood and Majestic at Sevenoaks
- Investment Sales of out of town retail park at Halifax, Dunstable & Newbury